March is here & it brings all sorts of change. We spring forward and celebrate a new season. Plus, there’s all sorts of holidays like St. Patrick’s Day, Easter & Take a Walk in the Park Day. There’s all sorts of things for you to do with friends & family. Like photo opportunities at the Carlsbad Flower Fields, spending a day in Ramona wine tasting or strolling through Oceanside for First Friday Art Walk. The Spring happenings are abound. Check out our extensive list of things to do. Enjoy!
1) Carlsbad Flower Fields – Escape from your daily routine and immerse yourself in a field of over 50 acres of flowers! The Flower Fields in Carlsbad are now open. Cruise on over to see the Tecolote Gian Ranunculus, on of the finest strains of ranunculus plants in the world. Enjoy the breathtaking views and beautiful colors from now through May 8th. Be sure to check out their website for a listing of events. www.flowerfields.com
2) La Paloma Theatre Encinitas – La Paloma is among the oldest theaters in San Diego. Make a date night in Encinitas, dinner & a movie. Every Friday night a midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show for $9. Cash only. This month also showing, Dazed & Confused on 3/24 & 3/26. Details at:
3) Puppy Love 5K – Calling all dog owners and outdoor enthusiasts! Sign up for the Puppy Love 5k on March 13th at 7am. Embark on a beautiful trail in Lake Poway that will have you charging hills, descending into canyons and eager to see what the next switchback has to offer! Enjoy lots of freebies, kids activities, dog trick training, games, costume contest, and awesome prizes. This is no cat-walk! More info at Puppy Love 5K.
4) 4th Annual North County St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival – Dig through your closet and throw on all of your favorite green attire – it’s time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! Don’t miss the 5th Annual North County St. Patricks Day Parade and Festival in Vista’s historic downtown on Sunday, March 13th. The celebration kicks off with a VIP breakfast at the Vista Village Pub filled with Irish favorites like corned beef hash and Irish coffees. The parade runs from 11am-12pm and is followed by live entertainment from 12-4pm. A full day of festivities! North County St. Patrick Day Parade Info
5) Spring Forward Festival in Escondido – It’s that time of the year when the time springs forward. Escondido has dedicated a festival to this day of change. Hosted at Grape Day Park this all day event will entertain you with live music including a battle of the bands, dancing, kids activities, food & a hot dog eating contest. This is a sure fire way to spring into the new time change. Details can be found at: http://www.springforwardfestival.com/
6) Day trip to Ramona Valley Wine Country – Did you know that Ramona has received it’s own designation as a wine region. The Ramona Valley AVA is growing in popularity with 24 vineyards to visit. Take a Sunday drive out on East Hwy 78 towards San Pasqual Valley, plan a day of touring a couple vineyard tasting rooms while soaking in the valley views. Most tasting rooms are open on the weekend. Some require appointment. Check out all the details at: http://www.ramonavalleyvineyards.com/
7) Jack’s Pond Park in San Marcos – Looking for a change of scenery? Check out Jack’s Pond Park in San Marcos. A 23 acre park with picnic areas, a tot lot and Nature Center where you can learn about the local habitat, plants, animals & geology. Hike around the pond & enjoy the outdoors. Click here for info on Jack’s Pond Park.
8) North County Easter Egg Hunts – Grab those Easter baskets and get ready for some serious Easter egg hunting! Visit our blog for a complete list of fun Easter celebrations and Egg Hunts in North County San Diego! Visit blog for a complete list.
9) Oceanside Art Walk First Fridays – Downtown Oceanside is coming alive with vibrant arts, music, poetry and activities! Spring Forward in Oceanside for the First Friday Art Walk starting on March 4th from 5-8pm. Be sure to check out their website for a full listing of artists bios! Click here for Art Walk details.
10) Standup Comedy at Pala Casino – You may have seen the billboards along Hwy 78. Pala Casino is hosting some comedic acts this Spring. Anjelah Johnson a Comedian who was a regular on the series MadTV is known for her portrayal of “Tammy the Nail Salon Lady” was one of the most viewed videos on YouTube and Google. Her standup show will be held at the Events Center on Saturday March 19th. Ticket info: https://www.palacasino.com/pa_event/anjelah-johnson/
Have ideas for us to add to next months North County Happenings? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org