This week in San Diego is the 59th annual PGA TOUR event. San Diego has been the opener for the PGA tour since 1952. 2011 also marks the 44th time the event is being held at Torrey Pines Golf Course & the 2nd year of Farmers Insurance sponsoring the tournament. A total of 156 players will be on the field playing their best for the purse of $5.8 million in prize money. Golf’s greatest will be playing in the tournament, such as Tiger Woodsand Phil Michelson.
- Individual tickets are $32 for the day (click here to buy tickets)
- Youth 15 & under admitted free at the gate when accompanied by an adult.
- Active Military and their immediate family are admitted freeat the gate with current active ID.
- Mobile phones ok on silent mode. No video or pictures.
- Thursday, January 27 Golf Channel 1:00-3:00 p.m. PST
- Friday, January 28 Golf Channel 1:00-3:00 p.m. PST
- Saturday, January 29 CBS 12:00-3:00 p.m. PST
- Sunday, January 30 CBS 12:00-3:00 p.m. PST
Farmers Insurance Open Schedule of Events
Wednesday, January 26
- Zurich Pro-Am, North and South Courses, starting at 6:42 a.m.
- Parking is free at the Glider Port Parking area on Wednesday
Thursday, January 27
- Opening Ceremonies, 1st Tee South Course, starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Opening Round of the 2011 Farmers Insurance Open, North and South Courses, starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Golf Bash, Belly Up (Solana Beach), starting at 7:00 p.m.
Friday, January 28
- Second Round of the Tournament, North and South Courses, starting at 8:30 a.m.
- After Play Entertainment, Century Club Village, starting approximately 3:30 p.m. or immediately after play
Saturday, January 29
- Farmers Insurance Pro-Am, North Course, starting at 8:00 a.m. shotgun
- Third Round of the Tournament, South Course, starting at 8:30 a.m.
Sunday, January 30
- Final Round of the Tournament, South Course, starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Awards Ceremony on the 18th Green
- Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito Golf Tournament, North Course, starting at 7:00 a.m.
For more info visit: http://www.farmersinsuranceopen.com/