Hello there! The month of September always brings lots of fun for the whole family (and maybe a few date nights, too!) Let’s see what’s going on in San Diego as fall begins…
1. Looking for a cool spot for lunch or dinner in Rancho Bernardo? Brothers Provisions has more than just a little bit of everything… it’s a gourmet cheese and artisan cafe, specialty deli, and wine bar with cigars (plus plenty of craft beer)!
2. Let me ask you a question. What’s better than adorable dogs on surf boards? Adorable dogs on surf boards for a good cause! The Surf Dog Surf-a-Thon is a great event for surfers and animals lover alike!.
3. September 12th is the 10th anniversary of the passing of one of the all-time greats, Mr. Johnny Cash. Some of you may have heard of a pretty great band that captures some of his spirit, The Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash. They’re playing at Mr. Peabody’s in Encinitas on September 14th
4. Take a trip to one of the year’s hottest new spots in Solana Beach – Culture Brewing Co at 111 South Cedros Avenue. They’ve got a brewhouse at the restaurant, so check out one of their in-house beers!
5. It’s baaaack…From September 15th-20th, it’s San Diego Restaurant Week! Eat your way through over 180 of San Diego’s finest restaurants with discounted prix fixe menus that exemplify the exquisite artfulness of the San Diego culinary world.
6. Bavarian dancers? German music? Delicious food and beer? That can only mean one thing…Encinitas Oktoberfest returns for its 18th year on Sunday, September 22nd!
7. When is it officially Fall? The Autumnal Equinox, of course. But unofficially, it starts feeling like feel right around the time you see pumpkins popping up on doorsteps! Get yours at Bates Nut Farm beginning September 25th!
8. Yeeeeehaw! It’s time for the Poway Rodeo, coming up on September 27th and 28th. Known not just for its fun, but also its philanthropy, the Poway Rodeo is a great time for everyone!
9. Spend two event filled days of sun, sand, and surf at Oceanside Harbor Days! Over the 28th and 29th, there’s a new Sandcastle competition, Entertainment Stage, Arts & Crafts, and more!
10. Also on September 28th and 29th is the Carlsbad ArtSplash, a free, family event that promotes and benefits our wonderful arts organizations! Embrace your creative side and enjoy music, visual art, and street performers…plus, there are always BEAUTIFUL chalk paintings on the street.