Out with the old and in with the new! The New Year is a great time to try some new things.
What new things will you do in the New Year? Perhaps pursuing a new hobby or getting out & exploring a new hiking trail. Living in North County San Diego offers so much opportunity to have fun. We found 10 Fun things to do in January in the hopes that it inspires you. Enjoy!
2. Home Improvement Show at Del Mar Fairground 1/24 and 1/26 – This free event will feature home improvement products and services offered by local businesses.
3. Restaurant week 1/19-1/24 – It’s back! San Diego County’s largest and most successful dining event.
4. Carlsbad Marathon 1/19- This winter marathon and half marathon are unlike any other. Fitness enthusiast of all levels enjoy ideal weather conditions and a spectacular coastal course.
5. Hike Anza Borrego Anza Borrego offers great hiking. Check out the Borrego Palm Canyon Trail to Falls a 3 miles round trip with 600-foot elevation gain.
6. Whale Watching 1/25- The 6th annual San Diego Big Bay Whale Festival will be held at the Port Pavilion on the Broadway Pier Saturday January 25th.
7. Horse Back Riding Stepp Stables located on Camp Pendleton is open to the public and offers trail rides. Boasting some of the best trail riding in San Diego!
8. Hobby Month – January is national hobby month! Many people like to take up a new hobby in the new year what new interest will you acquire this year?
9. Farmers Market San Marcos Every Sunday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM the open air farmers market of San Marcos is open for business. Here you can find all of the usual delights music, crafts, fresh local food and treats.
10. Comedy Festival 1/29 – 2/1- The 1st annual comedy festival will be held Wednesday January 29th – Saturday February 1st at the Comedy Place in San Diego.