February is the month of love. North County San Diego offers it’s residents so much to love! Beautiful scenery coupled with perfect year round weather gives us an opportunity to explore and get creative with our free time. We have found 10 fun things for you to do that you will love!
1. Museum Month Explore the history & culture of San Diego all month. February is museum month. Get 1/2 price admission to 42 area museums with a free pass from participating Macy’s.
2. 4th Annual Escondido Chocolate Festival Enjoy a day touring shops & spas on the historical Grand Avenue of Downtown Escondido while sampling locally brewed beer and wines, paired with San Diego’s finest chocolates. Event is held on 2/8/14 from 1-5pm. Tickets only $35.
3. California 10*20 marathon – 10 miles 20 bands all in benefit of the American Cancer Society. Running along side our beautiful North San Diego coast line while rocking out to 20 bands along the way. Event is held on 2/16/14. Registration now open.
4. Happy Valentines Day – Looking for something special to do with your honey? Have dinner at a local favorite:
Beach House restaurant in Cardiff by the sea. Enjoy a romantic sunset on the ocean view deck & take a stroll on the beach afterwards.
5. Old Magee Ranch is a 3rd generation farm with 320 acres of citrus & avocado orchards. Take a free tour of this heritage ranch in Pala & learn more about this organic farm. Tours are available by appointment Tuesday through Saturday from 9-11am.
6. Support local business Blue Mug Coffee in Escondido offers fresh roasted Santa Cruz specialty coffee, cafe moto teas, fresh pastries & check out, the only BrewBar™ coffee system, in San Diego County.
7. Guajome Park in Oceanside offers 4.5 miles of park trails plus a new playground for the little ones. Perfect for a weekend camping trip or an afternoon picnic!
8. Teen Scene is an event where North County teens can show their musical talents. Plus, other activities like video games, art exhibit, film festival & more! The 9th annual Teen Scene concert event is held in Carlsbad on Saturday 2/22 from 4-9pm. Purchase online for discounted tickets only $5 until 2/21. $8 at the door.
9. Daley Ranch offers 20+ miles of trails for hiking (dog friendly), mountain biking, and equestrian use. Nature & History abound! Views of Escondido, two small ponds and visit the site of Daley’s original Ranch House. Guided hikes offered on most weekends. Check schedule for details.
10. Dogs on Deployment is a national non-profit which provides an online network for service members to search for volunteers who are willing to board their pets during their owner’s service commitments. We will be hosting an event on 2/27 benefiting this organization. Follow the hashtag: #1850TBT on FB, Twitter & Instagram for details. Sign up for our mailing list below for more details & exclusive invites to our events.