Temecula is a place where natural beauty, historic traditions, and modern conveniences combine to offer entertainment for people of all ages. Best known for it’s rolling hills covered with vineyards, there is more to enjoy in this city. Shopping, antiquing, fine dining, golf, hot air balloon rides and Old Town combine to make Temecula Valley an exciting place to visit for a day or a weekend. Visit the link for a listing of 10 exciting things to do this December!
10 Things To Do In Temecula Valley in December
- Ugly Sweater Contest at Lorimar Winery – no cover fee. Enjoy a day at the Temecula Valley wineries, then finish at Lorimar Winery to enjoy a great bottle of wine while you show off your ugliest Christmas sweater! http://www.lorimarwinery.com/feat-event-156550/Holiday-Party.html http://www.temeculawines.org/
- Temecula on Ice – Outdoor holiday ice skating rink December 11 – January 4 at 41000 Main Street, Temecula. https://www.facebook.com/TemeculaOnIce or http://temeculaevents.org/iceskating/
- Old Town Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday 8:00am to noon. Fresh produce, plants, local growers, local artisans. On the corner of Mercedes Street and 6th Street, one block off Front Street in Old Town Temecula. https://www.facebook.com/oldtownfarmersmarket
- Pennypickle’s Workshop & Pennypickle’s Winter Wonderland – Children’s museum in Old Town Temecula. www.pennypickles.org Pennypickle’s Winter Wonderland at Pennypickle’s Workshop December 12 at 5:00 pm. http://temeculaevents.org/winterwonderland/
- Santa Rosa Plateau – great for hikes with the family. All levels of trails, beautiful scenery, dogs allowed on select trails. www.rivcoparks.org/education/santa-rosa-plateau/
- Fantastic outdoor Arts & Crafts Fair every Saturday and Sunday at Maurice Car’rie Winery from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Great shopping for the holidays. http://www.mauricecarriewinery.com/craft-fair
- Horseback riding – Enjoy the valleys and vineyards of Temecula by horseback. http://winecountrytrailsbyhorseback.com/
- Old Town Temecula – Great restaurants, eclectic shops, wine tasting, and the famous Temecula Olive Oil Company. A great way to spend the day.
- Balloon Rides Over Wine Country – One of the most beautiful, exciting and breathtaking ways to see wine country. www.californiadreamin.com/
- Craft Breweries – Temecula Valley doesn’t just have great wine, they also have great craft beer brewers. Enjoy dinner out while sampling local craft beers. www.temeculabreweries.com
*Special thanks to Lois Templin for this Temecula blog post. Check out her wine blog at: http://aluncorked.com